Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/24 13:58:59 UTC

Log Location for Storm UI

Hi ,

I have set up a single node Storm Cluster to run my topologies .
Unfortunately , due to reason unknown I am not seeing logs inside
worker-*.log  when I start a spring application inside the Storm Spout and
bolts .

However , in the Storm UI I do see any exceptions occuring inside my spouts
and bolts and log messages  present for the same in the UI (image attached
below) . Moreover,  If i click on the error port below (6703) , I get page
not found error .

Can someone tell me where does StormUI print or gets its log from . I
believe

this should be the page where rest of my missing logs can be present .

[image: Inline image 1]

Please help .

Thanks
Ankur

Re: Log Location for Storm UI

Posted by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com>.
Please ignore my earlier mail .. Perhaps I just pasted the message without
reading it fully ..Changing the  *instance-1.c.apache-storm.internal*  to
my hostname did the trick :P ..I can now see those log messages ..

Re: Log Location for Storm UI

Posted by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Log Location for Storm UI

Posted by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Satish for replying .

Re: Log Location for Storm UI

Posted by Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Satish for replying .

Re: Log Location for Storm UI

Posted by Satish Mittal <sa...@inmobi.com>.
You probably need to set up logviewer daemon.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I have set up a single node Storm Cluster to run my topologies .
> Unfortunately , due to reason unknown I am not seeing logs inside
> worker-*.log  when I start a spring application inside the Storm Spout and
> bolts .
>
> However , in the Storm UI I do see any exceptions occuring inside my
> spouts and bolts and log messages  present for the same in the UI (image
> attached below) . Moreover,  If i click on the error port below (6703) , I
> get page not found error .
>
> Can someone tell me where does StormUI print or gets its log from . I
> believe
>
> this should be the page where rest of my missing logs can be present .
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> Please help .
>
> Thanks
> Ankur

receipt.

Re: Log Location for Storm UI

Posted by Satish Mittal <sa...@inmobi.com>.
You probably need to set up logviewer daemon.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Ankur Garg <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I have set up a single node Storm Cluster to run my topologies .
> Unfortunately , due to reason unknown I am not seeing logs inside
> worker-*.log  when I start a spring application inside the Storm Spout and
> bolts .
>
> However , in the Storm UI I do see any exceptions occuring inside my
> spouts and bolts and log messages  present for the same in the UI (image
> attached below) . Moreover,  If i click on the error port below (6703) , I
> get page not found error .
>
> Can someone tell me where does StormUI print or gets its log from . I
> believe
>
> this should be the page where rest of my missing logs can be present .
>
> [image: Inline image 1]
>

> Please help .
>
> Thanks
> Ankur