Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by David Leangen <ap...@leangen.net> on 2020/05/14 05:55:08 UTC

curl to the Admin API

Hi!

I am attempting to complete the “Try James in 5 minutes” page for newcomers. I wanted to show how to connect to the Admin API using curl according to the instructions on this page [1], but am having trouble doing so myself.

    [1] http://james.apache.org/server/manage-webadmin.html

I am presenting the instructions on this page [2] using the default configurations of the image linagora/james-jpa-sample:3.4.0.

    [2] https://james.leangen.net/sws/net.leangen.james.sws/main/3.5/user/try.html

First:

 * What port does the Admin API use? The docs [3] say “8080”
 * Do I need to authenticate? The docs [3] seem to indicate “no”

    [3] http://james.apache.org/server/config-webadmin.html

Trying something like “curl -XGET http://127.0.0.1:8080/users”, I am getting this reply:

  —> curl: (52) Empty reply from server

Note that I have tried exposing ports 4000, 8000, 9999, and 8080 when running the docker container and tried to curl each of them, and got exactly the same response from the server.

If I could get a little help making a successful curl to the Admin API, that would be really great.

Thanks!
=David

Re: curl to the Admin API

Posted by David Leangen <ap...@leangen.net>.
Awesome, thanks!

I now have the API working now, so I will be able to finish off the “Try James in 5 minutes” section of the docs.

Cheers,
=David

Re: curl to the Admin API

Posted by Tellier Benoit <bt...@apache.org>.