Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrew Hole <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/10 19:39:55 UTC

Tomcat threads

Hello!

What's the value of Initial Number of Threads created on Tomcat startup?
Everytime it is necessary Tomcat creates another thread. What happens
after the processing end? The thread dies or becomes available for a
future processing?

Best regards

RE: Tomcat threads

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> Subject: Tomcat threads
>
> What's the value of Initial Number of Threads created on
> Tomcat startup?

Whatever you configured on your <Connector> elements:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/ajp.html

> Everytime it is necessary Tomcat creates another thread. What happens
> after the processing end? The thread dies or becomes available for a
> future processing?

Hmmm... this was described in the 5.5 docs:

but descriptions of the maxSpareThreads and minSpareThreads attributes
seem to have disappeared from the 6.0 <Connector> docs.  They're still
in the source code, just not in the doc.  I wonder if their function was
supposed to be handled by the <Executor> element?  (As I recall, Remy M
recommended against using an <Executor>, at least for the time being,
due to performance issues.)

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.