Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Rong-en Fan <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/04 12:06:30 UTC

scan with criterion

Hi,

Let's say I have a table with millions of rows. Each row has one column
family which contains few cols. Now I want to get rows whose ts is last
month. If I understand correctly, the underlying MapFile key is row/column
name/ts, hence, all HRS need to go  through all rows in order to get the
data I want. Does that sound correct?

Thanks,
Rong-En Fan

Re: scan with criterion

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Yes, unless as Jon Gray notes elsewhere, you can deduce time info from
your keying format.
St.Ack