Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> on 2007/02/22 00:37:07 UTC

A new Continuum feature?

 We've discovered that we really need to be able to specify the environment
we build each module under.
For instance we are building different versions of both native code and java
code.

In the java instance, we're building JDBC drivers from 1.3 to 1.5 and the
interfaces are quite different. We can add the new interface stuff, and
compile with 1.3 compatibility but we'd prefer not to have empty interface
methods. So, what we need to do is be able to set up environments for each
build (we can do it with a script right now, but it's far from ideal).
Native case has the same problem, we need to build with different versions
of gcc etc.

So far we've had to set up multiple CI servers to really handle everything
but it would be nice not to have to do that.

What do people think? Is this something that's worth putting into JIRA as a
feature?

- Brill Pappin

Re: A new Continuum feature?

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Profile it!!! for example you can create 2 continuum projects using the same
source
but profile with different gcc version.

-D