Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Fariborz Navidan <md...@gmail.com> on 2019/11/11 18:47:04 UTC

Using CLUSTERIP iptables module inside guests

Hello,

I have 2 guests running in a shared network in advanced zone. VMs get
public IP directly from network IP pool. I'm interested to setup virtual IP
using iptables' CLUSTERIP which allows multiple machine share same IP
address and MAC by using a multicast MAC. It gives chance to have a natural
load balancing and fail-over without additional load balancer and extra
resources. I know for this to work promiscuius mode must be accepted but
the question is how to give same IP and MAC to multiple VMs in CloudStack?