Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shreejay <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/05 17:42:25 UTC

Solr 4.0 ngroups issue workaround

Hi All,

I have a Solrcloud instance with 6 million documents. We are using the
ngroups feature in a few places and I am aware that this is still a JIRA
issue with work in progress (and some patches).

Apart from using the patch  here
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2592>  , and re-indexing data so
that all documents with same group field are on the same server, has anyone
else tried or used any alternate methods?

I wanted to see if there would be any other options before re-indexing.

Thanks.

--Shreejay

Re: Solr 4.0 ngroups issue workaround

Posted by shreejay <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jack.

Re: Solr 4.0 ngroups issue workaround

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@basetechnology.com>.
Sorry, not that I know of. This is a disturbing design issue. I mean, I
understand the value of the feature, but resolving it is not currently
feasible, other than by by extremely slow brute force - but, maybe that
option should be pursued anyway for situations where "zippy performance" is
not an absolute requirement.

-- Jack Krupansky