Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ionel D Condor <ci...@ro-planet.ro> on 2003/07/21 08:47:19 UTC

Struts modules does not work with Tiles, is there a tiles plugin problem?

Hi !

I have two web applications developed with Struts that are linked together using the struts modules.
The pages worked well
but after we have passed to Tiles when we try to do the integration via the same procedure, i mean the struts modules,
seems that the tiles plugin is never called as the second tiles definition (the one for the module) seems that is never read.

Does anyone 'meet' this situation ? How can I solve this?

Many thanks,
Ionel Condor.

RE: Struts modules does not work with Tiles, is there a tiles plugin problem?

Posted by Andrew Hill <an...@gridnode.com>.
This is just a guess - (I have no idea what Im talking about ,I just
remember seeing this somewhere) - do you link straight to your JSPs? If so
you wont hit the controller (tile request processor) so it can get confused
when modules are involved.
You might need to use a SwitchAction or something like that?

(but like I said, Im not really sure (dont use tile myself) and so thats all
just a guess based on hearsay :->)