Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Samuel V. Green III" <ma...@cox.net> on 2004/06/21 23:38:25 UTC

Reply to Filip

Thanks Filip,

If I'm running my host on a network and serving Apache2 from 10.0.1.2..

I've been successful in the past at setting up the virtual host stuff
to serve document roots
from my Apache root doc,  i.e.. /library/webserver/documents  ....

What I don't understand is how to serve the Public instance of
localhost:8082 via virtual host?

I have the Public instance installed at /library/magnolia/public

Samuel.
On Jun 21, 2004, at 2:22 PM, Filip Hanik - Dev wrote:

why not use mod_proxy or mod_redirect instead, and a named virtual host
in apache,
no compilation needed, the apache modules already come with it

Filip

Re: Reply to Filip

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev <de...@hanik.com>.
this is a great read, a virtual hosts lets you set up docbase and all kinds of commands just for that host.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

named virtual hosts, lets you access the same IP, different doc bases using different host names.