Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Prajakta Kalmegh <pk...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/09 19:13:40 UTC

Mahout With Eclipse problems

Hi

I was trying to setup Mahout 0.7 (stable release) and am seeing the
following 2 problems in eclipse.

Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-antrun-plugin:1.6:run (execution: default,
phase: compile)
Plugin execution not covered by lifecycle configuration:
org.apache.mahout:mahout-collection-codegen-plugin:1.0:generate (execution:
default, phase: generate-sources)

People have seen this error before too <
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11282737/errors-when-importing-mahouts-maven-resource-to-eclipse>.
see from <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1043> a patch to
resolve the error in importing Mahout 0.7 in Eclipse IDE, but when I try to
apply this patch on 0.7, it fails.

I also tried checking out Mahout 0.8-SNAPSHOT from trunk as well (github)
and it builds and runs fine as before but when trying to import into
eclipse, it gives a LifeCycleMapping error as follows:
 Scanning error [/home/saplabs/Projects/mahout];
org.eclipse.m2e.core.internal.lifecyclemapping.LifecycleMappingConfigurationException:
Cannot parse lifecycle mapping metadata for maven project MavenProject:
org.apache.mahout:mahout:0.8-SNAPSHOT @
/home/saplabs/Projects/mahout/pom.xml Cause: Unrecognised tag: 'version'
(position: START_TAG seen ...</artifactId>\n        <version>... @8:18)

I am using Eclipse Indigo (3.7.2) with M2Eclipse plugin (version 1.0).

Any idea on how to get rid of either the first or 2nd error? Any help will
be really appreciated.

Regards,
Prajakta

Re: Mahout With Eclipse problems

Posted by Prajakta Kalmegh <pk...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Anca. I will try this out on Monday. But looks like a reasonable
explanation for the problem. Thanks again.

Regards,
Prajakta

Posted by Anca Leuca <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Prajakta Kalmegh <pk...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gustavo

Thanks for the reply. I also tried setting it up on Eclipse Juno (with the
default M2Eclipse plugin) and it gives the same error. Do you know which
version or which source of m2eclipse should be used?

Regards,
Prajakta

Posted by Gustavo Enrique Salazar Torres <gs...@ime.usp.br>.