Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Cassa L <lc...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/07 07:13:31 UTC

Netflix/Astynax Client for Cassandra

Hi,
 Has anyone used Netflix/astynax java client library for Cassandra? I have
used Hector before and would like to evaluate astynax. Not sure, how it is
accepted in Cassandra community. Any issues with it or advantagest? API
looks very clean and simple compare to Hector. Has anyone used it in
production except Netflix themselves?

Thanks
LCassa

Re: Netflix/Astynax Client for Cassandra

Posted by Everton Lima <pe...@gmail.com>.
Anyone knows when astyanax will support Cassandra 1.2 ?

--
Everton Lima Aleixo
Bacharel em Ciência da Computação pela UFG

Re: Netflix/Astynax Client for Cassandra

Posted by Vivek Mishra <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Renato Marroquín Mogrovejo <re...@gmail.com>.
Sorry to hijack into this email thread, but what are the use
cases/benefits of using the new binary protocol? and why doesn't
Cassandra offer a drive as a project driver?

Renato M.

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.

Posted by Cassa L <lc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gabriel Ciuloaica <gc...@gmail.com>.
I've sen t an update earlier to be more specific that CQL3 is not
properly supported by Astyanax.
But I was not able to connect, because of a change into Cassandra 1.2.1,
where the connection request is verified.

Gabi

Posted by Brian O'Neill <bo...@alumni.brown.edu>.

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vivek Mishra <mi...@gmail.com>.