Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Neeme Praks <ne...@apache.org> on 2003/04/26 11:33:28 UTC

Re: avalon-commons

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 02:03, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>

>>They were more supportive of opening up an "Avalon Commons" of sorts.
>>

>I didn't get that. Actually I got quite the opposite - it was you who seemed
>to be pushing for that.

As I see it, the results from that "Query: Hosting Avalon Components"
thread are:
* if some commons component has an avalon wrapper, keep it in commons,
together with the project
* having only a wrapper hosted at commons (without the actual project
code) is not desirable. rather, these wrappers should be in avalon-commons
* all such cases should be considered case-by-case, but the general
feeling is towards avalon-commons, unless the project is already in
jakarta-commons

For me personally, the impression from that discussion is, that nobody
is really objecting to having wrapper code in jakarta-commons (this will
be anyway handled case-by-case) but the recommended direction is towards
avalon-commons.

Some references:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/22864
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/22873
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/22813
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.commons.devel/22823

Just trying to keep the discussion above the emotional level...

Rgds,
Neeme