Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Hanrahan <mh...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/14 22:39:10 UTC

[users@httpd] Error 304

I'm trying import my blog's announcements into a web page hosted on my
Apache server via an RSS feed using an RSS renderer and am encountering
problems with my permissions (I think).

While my blog announcements display in my agreggator (nntprss) by means of
the rss feed generated by MovableType (http://myhostname/blog/index.rdf),
they will not display when I enter the url into the RSS renderer pointing it
to my Apache server. When I try to render the feed I get the following error
message:

** Access Error: Cannot connect to hostname ** Where: open-proto ** Near:
rss-text: read url write cache-file

The failed attempt to render the rss feed in turn is reported as follows by
my Apache access_log:

"GET /blog/index.rdf HTTP/1.1" 304

To date I have not found (for me) an intelligible explanation of what "304"
is telling me.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Muchos gracias, Miguel