Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Wilson <dw...@revenuetech.com> on 2002/02/21 19:22:44 UTC

Apache + Tomcat forwarding with Tomcat on diff port # than 8080

Can anyone direct me in the proper direction?

I need to have Apache forward the requests to Tomcat via mod_jk but I need
Tomcat to be on a port other than 8080. Yes I have it working on port 8080
right now so I know the basic config. is correct.

Thanks in advance,
David

David Wilson
Software Engineer
(dwilson@revenuetech.com)

Revenue Technologies
219 Perimeter Center Parkway, Suite 400
Atlanta, GA 30346, USA
770-551-0700, Ext. 239

"Servers will be shut down at noon. Please
send all complaints to /dev/null"

Re: mod_jk for Windows -- HELP

Posted by James Lee <j2...@yahoo.com>.
Turns out I the JKWorkersFile Directive needs to be
outside the VH blocks

james

--- James Lee <j2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I still get "Cannot remove module mod_jk.c: not
> found
> in module list" when i check the syntax.  Could it
> be
> anything else?
>
> thanks
>
> james

worker.inprocess.class_path=$(workers.tomcat_home)$(ps)lib$(ps)tomcat.jar

Re: mod_jk for Windows -- HELP

Posted by James Lee <j2...@yahoo.com>.

Re: mod_jk for Windows -- HELP

Posted by jyc <jy...@fluxus.net>.

Re: mod_jk for Windows -- HELP

Posted by James Lee <j2...@yahoo.com>.

Re: mod_jk for Windows -- HELP

RE: mod_jk for Windows -- HELP

Posted by James Lee <j2...@yahoo.com>.
Hi guys,

RE: mod_jk for Windows -- HELP

Posted by Surya Suravarapu <ss...@yahoo.com>.
Brian,

Thanks a zillion .. it's working now!!!

-Surya

--- Brian Adams <bi...@satx.rr.com> wrote:
> going to bed but here is my windows 2k tomcat 4.0.1
> and apache 1.3.2ish
> mod_jk conf files.
> goodluck

name=workers.properties
> <!-- Example Server Configuration File -->
> <!-- Note that component elements are nested
> corresponding to their
>      parent-child relationships with each other -->
>
> <!-- A "Server" is a singleton element that
> represents the entire JVM,
>      which may contain one or more "Service"
> instances.  The Server
>      listens for a shutdown command on the indicated
> port.
>
>      Note:  A "Server" is not itself a "Container",
> so you may not
>      define subcomponents such as "Valves" or
> "Loggers" at this level.
>  -->
>
> <Server port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN" debug="0">
>

>   <!-- Uncomment this entry to enable JMX MBeans
> support -->
> <!--
>   <Listener

className="org.apache.catalina.mbeans.ServerLifecycleListener"
>                 debug="0" port="-1" login="admin"
> password="admin"/>
> -->
>
>   <!-- Global JNDI resources -->
>   <GlobalNamingResources>
>     <Environment name="simpleValue"
> type="java.lang.Integer" value="30"/>
>   </GlobalNamingResources>
>
>   <!-- A "Service" is a collection of one or more
> "Connectors" that share
>        a single "Container" (and therefore the web
> applications visible
>        within that Container).  Normally, that
> Container is an "Engine",
>        but this is not required.
>
>        Note:  A "Service" is not itself a
> "Container", so you may not
>        define subcomponents such as "Valves" or
> "Loggers" at this level.
>    -->
>
>   <!-- Define the Tomcat Stand-Alone Service -->
>   <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">
>
>     <!-- A "Connector" represents an endpoint by
> which requests are received
>          and responses are returned.  Each Connector
> passes requests on to the
>          associated "Container" (normally an Engine)
> for processing.
>
>          By default, a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector is
> established on port 8080.
>          You can also enable an SSL HTTP/1.1
> Connector on port 8443 by
>          following the instructions below and
> uncommenting the second Connector
>          entry.  SSL support requires the following
> steps (see the SSL Config
>          HOWTO in the Tomcat 4.0 documentation
> bundle for more detailed
>          instructions):
>          * Download and install JSSE 1.0.2 or later,
> and put the JAR files
>            into "$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext".
>          * Execute:
>              %JAVA_HOME%\bin\keytool -genkey -alias
> tomcat -keyalg RSA (Windows)
>              $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -genkey -alias
> tomcat -keyalg RSA  (Unix)
>            with a password value of "changeit" for
> both the certificate and
>            the keystore itself.
>
>          By default, DNS lookups are enabled when a
> web application calls
>          request.getRemoteHost().  This can have an
> adverse impact on
>          performance, so you can disable it by
> setting the
>          "enableLookups" attribute to "false".  When
> DNS lookups are disabled,
>          request.getRemoteHost() will return the
> String version of the
>          IP address of the remote client.
>     -->
>
>     <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port
> 8080 -->
>     <Connector

className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
>                port="8080" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>                enableLookups="true"
> redirectPort="8443"
>                acceptCount="10" debug="0"
> connectionTimeout="60000"/>
>     <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set
> connectionTimeout value
>      to -1 -->
>
>     <!-- Define an SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port
> 8443 -->
>
>    <!-- <Connector

className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
>                port="8443" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>                enableLookups="false"
> 	       acceptCount="10" debug="0" scheme="https"
> secure="true">
>       <Factory

className="org.apache.catalina.net.SSLServerSocketFactory"
>                clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS"/>
>     </Connector>
>    -->
>
>     <!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009
> -->
>
>     <Connector
> className="org.apache.ajp.tomcat4.Ajp13Connector"
>                port="8009" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>                acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
>

>     <!-- Define a Proxied HTTP/1.1 Connector on port
> 8081 -->
>     <!-- See proxy documentation for more
> information about using this. -->
>     <!--
>     <Connector

className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector"
>                port="8081" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>                enableLookups="true"
>                acceptCount="10" debug="0"
> connectionTimeout="60000"
>                proxyPort="80"/>
>     -->
>
>     <!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.0 Test Connector on
> port 8082 -->
>     <!--
>     <Connector

className="org.apache.catalina.connector.http10.HttpConnector"
>                port="8082" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>                enableLookups="true"
> redirectPort="8443"
>                acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
>     -->
>
>     <!-- An Engine represents the entry point
> (within Catalina) that processes
>          every request.  The Engine implementation
> for Tomcat stand alone
>          analyzes the HTTP headers included with the
> request, and passes them
>          on to the appropriate Host (virtual host).
> -->
>
>     <!-- Define the top level container in our
> container hierarchy -->
>     <Engine name="Standalone"
> defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">
>
>       <!-- The request dumper valve dumps useful
> debugging information about
>            the request headers and cookies that were
> received, and the response
>            headers and cookies that were sent, for
> all requests received by
>            this instance of Tomcat.  If you care
> only about requests to a
>            particular virtual host, or a particular
> application, nest this
>            element inside the corresponding <Host>
> or <Context> entry instead.
>
>            For a similar mechanism that is portable
> to all Servlet 2.3
>            containers, check out the
> "RequestDumperFilter" Filter in the
>            example application (the source for this
> filter may be found in

"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/examples/WEB-INF/classes/filters").

>            Request dumping is disabled by default.
> Uncomment the following
>            element to enable it. -->
>       <!--
>       <Valve

className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>
>       -->
>
>       <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower
> levels -->
>       <Logger
> className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>               prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
>               timestamp="true"/>
>
>       <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance
> will be shared globally -->
>
>       <Realm
> className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" />
>
>       <!-- Replace the above Realm with one of the
> following to get a Realm
>            stored in a database and accessed via
> JDBC -->
>
>       <!--
>       <Realm
> className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
> debug="99"
>              driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"

connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority?user=test;password=test"

connectionURL="jdbc:oracle:thin:@ntserver:1521:ORCL?user=scott;password=tiger"
>               userTable="users"
> userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
>           userRoleTable="user_roles"
> roleNameCol="role_name" />
>       -->
>
>       <!--
>       <Realm
> className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
> debug="99"
>
> driverName="sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver"
>           connectionURL="jdbc:odbc:CATALINA"
>               userTable="users"
> userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
>           userRoleTable="user_roles"
> roleNameCol="role_name" />
>       -->
>
>       <!-- Define the default virtual host -->
>       <Host name="localhost" debug="0"
> appBase="webapps"
>        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">
>
>         <!-- Normally, users must authenticate
> themselves to each web app
>              individually.  Uncomment the following
> entry if you would like
>              a user to be authenticated the first
> time they encounter a
>              resource protected by a security
> constraint, and then have that
>              user identity maintained across *all*
> web applications contained
>              in this virtual host. -->
>         <!--
>         <Valve

className="org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn"
>                    debug="0"/>
>         -->
>
>         <!-- Access log processes all requests for
> this virtual host.  By
>              default, log files are created in the
> "logs" directory relative to
>              $CATALINA_HOME.  If you wish, you can
> specify a different
>              directory with the "directory"
> attribute.  Specify either a relative
>              (to $CATALINA_HOME) or absolute path to
> the desired directory.
>         -->
>         <Valve

className="org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve"
>                  directory="logs"
> prefix="localhost_access_log." suffix=".txt"
>                  pattern="common"/>
>
>         <!-- Logger shared by all Contexts related
> to this virtual host.  By
>              default (when using FileLogger), log
> files are created in the "logs"
>              directory relative to $CATALINA_HOME.
> If you wish, you can specify
>              a different directory with the
> "directory" attribute.  Specify either a
>              relative (to $CATALINA_HOME) or
> absolute path to the desired
>              directory.-->
>         <Logger
> className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>                  directory="logs"
> prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
> 	        timestamp="true"/>
>
>         <!-- Define properties for each web
> application.  This is only needed
>              if you want to set non-default
> properties, or have web application
>              document roots in places other than the
> virtual host's appBase
>              directory.  -->
>
>         <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
>         <!--
>           <Context path="" docBase="ROOT"
> debug="0"/>
>         -->
>
>         <!-- Tomcat Examples Context -->
>         <Context path="/examples" docBase="examples"
> debug="0"
>                  reloadable="true"
> crossContext="true">
>           <Logger
> className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>
> prefix="localhost_examples_log." suffix=".txt"
>         	  timestamp="true"/>
>           <Ejb   name="ejb/EmplRecord" type="Entity"
>
> home="com.wombat.empl.EmployeeRecordHome"
>
> remote="com.wombat.empl.EmployeeRecord"/>
> [...]
className="org.apache.catalina.session.PersistentManager"
>               debug="0"
>               saveOnRestart="true"
>               maxActiveSessions="-1"
>               minIdleSwap="-1"
>               maxIdleSwap="-1"
>               maxIdleBackup="-1">
>                 <Store
> className="org.apache.catalina.session.FileStore"/>
>           </Manager>
> 		  -->
>           <Environment name="maxExemptions"
> type="java.lang.Integer"
>                       value="15"/>
>           <Parameter name="context.param.name"
> value="context.param.value"
>                      override="false"/>
>           <Resource name="jdbc/EmployeeAppDb"
> auth="SERVLET"
>                     type="javax.sql.DataSource"/>
>           <ResourceParams name="jdbc/EmployeeAppDb">

>           </ResourceParams>
>           <Resource name="mail/Session"
> auth="Container"
>                     type="javax.mail.Session"/>
>           <ResourceParams name="mail/Session">
>             <parameter>
>               <name>mail.smtp.host</name>
>               <value>localhost</value>
>             </parameter>
>           </ResourceParams>
>           <ResourceLink name="linkToGlobalResource"
>                     global="simpleValue"
>                     type="java.lang.Integer"/>
>         </Context>
> 	<Context path="/bbb"
>              docBase="bbb"
>              reloadable="true"  >
>
>       		<!-- <Logger
> className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>                      prefix="bbb_log." suffix=".txt"
>         	  timestamp="true"/>
> 		<welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
> -->
>
> 	</Context>
>       </Host>
>
>     </Engine>
>
>   </Service>
>
>   <!-- The MOD_WEBAPP connector is used to connect
> Apache 1.3 with Tomcat 4.0
>        as its servlet container. Please read the
> README.txt file coming with
>        the WebApp Module distribution on how to
> build it.
>        (Or check out the
> "jakarta-tomcat-connectors/webapp" CVS repository)
>
>        To configure the Apache side, you must ensure
> that you have the
>        "ServerName" and "Port" directives defined in
> "httpd.conf".  Then,
>        lines like these to the bottom of your
> "httpd.conf" file:
>
>          LoadModule webapp_module
> libexec/mod_webapp.so
>          WebAppConnection warpConnection warp
> localhost:8008
>          WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection
> /examples/
>
>        The next time you restart Apache (after
> restarting Tomcat, if needed)
>        the connection will be established, and all
> applications you make
>        visible via "WebAppDeploy" directives can be
> accessed through Apache.
>   -->
>

>   <!-- Define an Apache-Connector Service -->
> <!--  <Service name="Tomcat-Apache"> -->

> [...]
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector"
>      port="8008" minProcessors="5"
> maxProcessors="75"
>      enableLookups="true"
>      acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>-->
>
>     <!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache
> "ServerName" is set to -->
> <!--    <Engine

className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
>      name="Apache" debug="0" appBase="webapps"> -->
>
>       <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower
> levels -->
> <!--      <Logger
> className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>               prefix="apache_log." suffix=".txt"
>               timestamp="true"/> -->
>
>       <!-- Because this Realm is here, an instance
> will be shared globally -->
> <!--      <Realm
> className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm" />
>
> 	<webapps>-->
>     <!-- Special rules for the admin webapplication
> -->
>
>     <!-- Change "trusted" to true in order to run
> the admin -->
> <!--    <Context path="/bbb"
>              docBase="bbb"
>              reloadable="true"  >
>
>       <Logger
> className="org.apache.catalina.logger.FileLogger"
>                      prefix="bbb_log." suffix=".txt"
>         	  timestamp="true"/>
>
>     </Context>
>   </webapps>