Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by FSchaare <fs...@htp-tel.de> on 2006/03/15 21:57:50 UTC

Tree2 Link Problems

Hi,

i'm trying to understand the tree2 component, which is a bit difficult
for me.

I have the tree2 component working in the left frame of a frameset. When
the user hits a document node, a refering URL should be loaded in the
right frame. How do i do that with tree2 ?

I store the URL information in node.id. Is that the correct place for it ?

Is the any Documentation about the tree2 component ?

thanks for your answers.

Re: Tree2 Link Problems

Posted by Nicklas Karlsson <ni...@gmail.com>.
> The rendered link always points to '#', so where is that set and how can
> i change it ???

Hmm, I think the # is used as a dummy to allow for the JSF operations. One
option might be to have have the facet render onclick-javascript or have the
recieving bean render some <script> content.

Re: Tree2 Link Problems

Posted by FSchaare <fs...@htp-tel.de>.
Nicklas Karlsson schrieb:

> The myfaces example contains tree2-stuff too, I suggest you start there.
Yes, i reviewed the tree2 examples already, but i didnĀ“t get the link
mechanism right now.

The document-facet is rendered as follows:
<f:facet name="document">
  <h:panelGroup>
    <h:commandLink immediate="true" styleClass="#{t.nodeSelected ?
'documentSelected':'document'}" actionListener="#{t.setNodeSelected}">
    <t:graphicImage value="images/document.png" border="0"/>
    <h:outputText value="#{node.description}"/>
    <f:param name="docNum" value="#{node.identifier}"/>
   </h:commandLink>
  </h:panelGroup>
</f:facet>

The node looks like this:
new TreeNodeBase("document", "Example", "http://www.test.com", true));

Re: Tree2 Link Problems

Posted by Nicklas Karlsson <ni...@gmail.com>.
> I have the tree2 component working in the left frame of a frameset. When
> the user hits a document node, a refering URL should be loaded in the
> right frame. How do i do that with tree2 ?
>
> I store the URL information in node.id. Is that the correct place for it ?
>
> Is the any Documentation about the tree2 component ?
>
> thanks for your answers.

the named facet in the JSP page determines how the node is rendered, you
could have a commandlink with the target set to  the
recieving frame and the node id could be placed in a param to that
commandlink. Depending on what the recieving end does with the payload
it could be anything (e.g an object id to load).

The myfaces example contains tree2-stuff too, I suggest you start there.