Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Sean McElroy <Se...@sita.aero> on 2020/05/14 09:12:14 UTC

RE: [EXT] Re: Java Mail API Sort

I'm trying to retrieve messages by sorted by date, using the JavaMail API. Here is my code:

        try (Store store = connectToMessageStore(username, password);
         IMAPFolder emailFolder = (IMAPFolder)store.getFolder("INBOX")) {

            emailFolder.open(Folder.READ_ONLY);
            messageCount = emailFolder.getMessageCount();

            Message[] messages = emailFolder.getSortedMessages(new SortTerm[] {SortTerm.DATE}); //THIS IS THE LINE THAT IS FAILING

            messageList = getMessageConverter().toMessageSummary(messages);

        } catch (MessagingException e) {
            LOGGER.error(ERROR_READING_EMAIL_MESSAGES, e.getMessage());
            throw new MessagingServiceException(e);
        }

This is the error in my logs:

"Servlet.service() for servlet [dispatcherServlet] in context with path [] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is aero.sita.ir.communicator.messaging.MessagingServiceException: javax.mail.MessagingException: SORT not supported;\n  nested exception is:\n\tcom.sun.mail.iap.BadCommandException: SORT not supported] with root cause"

My intention would be to page the results after sorting.

Best Regards,
Sean