Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2017/06/14 08:17:59 UTC

Issues with OutOfMemory errors in Jenkins

Hi Cameleers,
I've raised an INFRA issue[1] to see if we can get more memory for the
nodes running the build, that seems to me the root issue of the builds
not passing recently.

We can wait see if this will help, but in the long run I think it
probably makes sense to switch from Maven job type to Pipeline defined
with Jenkinsfile.

With that we won't get the nice browser for Maven modules in the jobs,
this is a feature of Maven job types only. But this gives us an
opportunity to consolidate the no test/full test and Java 8/9 builds
into one and we get to configure the job using code rather than GUI.

I have some experience with Jenkins so this is something I can start
working on. What do you think?

zoran

Zoran Regvart

Re: Issues with OutOfMemory errors in Jenkins

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Zoran

You are surely welcome to help with this. The CI servers at Apache
will have a little challenge trying to build the Camel jobs as they
are big with many Maven modules and require 3gb or more memory. I have
set my local Maven to have 3.5gb.

--
Claus Ibsen