Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2014/08/20 18:57:09 UTC

VOTE thread waiting periods

Hey,

I added the following to our CoC errata:

"Anybody can wrap up a vote, but the person who initiated the vote
will usually wish to do so. If the 72 hour voting period is up, and
nobody has wrapped up the vote, it is good etiquette to ask before
doing so. To avoid blocking the project on the availability of any one
individual, a vote may be wrapped up by anyone after an additional 72
hour waiting period has passed."

Putting this here for commentary.

I intend to collect things on this page and then add them in batches.
Everyone is free to do the same.

Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater

Re: VOTE thread waiting periods

Posted by Klaus Trainer <kl...@posteo.de>.
+1

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
"it hammers the nail on the head" :)

I was just thinking if another 72 hours waiting is too much but then I
thought it's perfect because this is the usual time period we "wait" ...

+1

Thanks Noah!

Andy

--