Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/10 02:57:22 UTC

10.1.2.4 snapshot posted

Hi derby-dev and derby-user,

I have just posted a new snapshot for 10.1 as we are heading towards a
10.1.3.0 release:

http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html#Snapshot+Jars

You may need to refresh the page in your browser to see the update.

If you are interested, please download and test the snapshot. Links to
the lists of the various issues that have been fixed are linked from
the web page above. This time, I have also included a debug snapshot
which contains jars whose classes have been compiled to include the
line number tables for easier debugging (see DERBY-178).

Areas of particular improvement include XA behavior (DERBY-966 and
many others), query performance with subqueries containing UNION
operators (DERBY-649, DERBY-805), client/server reliability
(DERBY-125, DERBY-170, DERBY-777), inplace compress (DERBY-1187), and
many more.

Please report any further issues you find with the snapshot to JIRA:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY

Thank you!

andrew

Re: Regarding getting old snapshots of 10.2 ( was Re: 10.1.2.4 snapshot posted)

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Sunitha,

The 10.2.0.4 alpha snapshot is still visible from the downloads page.
You can get ahold of an older snapshot than that, although it's not
pretty. The snapshots hang off the Derby website and so are checked into
the Derby website repository. You need to create a subversion client
against the Derby website then use subversion to roll that client back
in time to whenever your desired snapshot was current.

Hope this helps,
-Rick

Posted by Sunitha Kambhampati <ks...@gmail.com>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> or use viewvc to get a download link without having to check out the
> site tree.

That helps. Thanks Andrew and Rick.

Sunitha.

Re: Regarding getting old snapshots of 10.2 ( was Re: 10.1.2.4 snapshot posted)

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 8/21/06, Sunitha Kambhampati <ks...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Are the snapshot jars stored in svn someplace ?  Where can I get them
> from.  It would be great if you can point me to the link.

The jars are stored in svn with the website, in the site tree. You can
run svn log on build/site/binaries in the site tree to determine the
revisions where snapshots were added or changed:

svn log https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/db/derby/site/
trunk/build/site/binaries/ > binaries.log

You could either then go back to that revision if you have a local
copy of the website, or use viewvc to get a download link without
having to check out the site tree.

As an example, from the log you can see that 10.2.0.3 was added at
revision 413060. Going to the build/site/binaries directory in the
site tree with viewvc, and setting the directory revision to 413060,
you can see the 10.2.0.3 snapshot:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/site/trunk/build/site/binaries/?pathrev=413060

Clicking on db-derby-snapshot-10.2.0.3-412239.zip takes us to this page:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/derby/site/trunk/build/site/binaries/db-derby-snapshot-10.2.0.3-412239.zip?view=log&pathrev=413060

which contains a download link for 10.2.0.3.

andrew

Regarding getting old snapshots of 10.2 ( was Re: 10.1.2.4 snapshot posted)

Posted by Sunitha Kambhampati <ks...@gmail.com>.

Re: 10.1.2.4 snapshot posted

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 5/10/06, Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org> wrote:

> However, I think when a snapshot is posted we should leave the older
> snapshots on the download page. Makes it much easier for people to
> demonstrate a regression if they can easily show it's in the latest
> snapshot but not the previous snapshot. Maybe the snapshots should only
> be removed once an official release is made on the branch for the
> snapshots. Thoughts?

I was thinking it would be sufficient to compare with the last
official release, but I agree that at least a couple of snapshots of
history would be nice. I'll make a note of it on the
SnapshotAndRelease page, and I'll make sure to leave this one up next
time.

Re: 10.1.2.4 snapshot posted

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> Hi derby-dev and derby-user,
>
> I have just posted a new snapshot for 10.1 as we are heading towards a
> 10.1.3.0 release:

Thanks Andrew, I like the additional text you added with the link to the
issues and suggested areas to test.

However, I think when a snapshot is posted we should leave the older
snapshots on the download page. Makes it much easier for people to
demonstrate a regression if they can easily show it's in the latest
snapshot but not the previous snapshot. Maybe the snapshots should only
be removed once an official release is made on the branch for the
snapshots. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Dan.