Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de> on 2009/07/15 04:47:45 UTC

maven-eclipse-plugin: how to specify custom compiler settings?

Hi,

I'm trying to nail down some compiler settings for a project. Those are
stored in .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs, e.g.

org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.autoboxing=warning

A quick look in the m-e-p's source makes me think that there is
currently no easy way to augment the .settings file with custom
settings. Is there?

-dirk

Re: maven-eclipse-plugin: how to specify custom compiler settings?

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Dirk Olmes<di...@xanthippe.ping.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to nail down some compiler settings for a project. Those are
> stored in .settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs, e.g.
>
> org.eclipse.jdt.core.compiler.problem.autoboxing=warning
>
> A quick look in the m-e-p's source makes me think that there is
> currently no easy way to augment the .settings file with custom
> settings. Is there?

There is no way to augment but you can manually make the changes after
the file has been generated.

m-e-p will read in the current preferences and anything that m-e-p
does not modify are preserved.

See EclipseSettingsWriter.java - write() - line 91+