Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com> on 2005/07/04 11:25:32 UTC

More TCK kudos

I would also like to chime in and thank those people who worked on the
security and interop tests.

Jeff Genender from Virtuas jumped right in and cranked out the JACC
tests in no-time.  Not only did he come in cold and dove into the
intricacies of JACC and our implementation, he also was able to tangle
with some hairy TCK issues; I am prohibited from going into details but
suffice it to say he has some nasty bite marks you know where.  Special
thanks to Nachi, Jeff's wife, for putting up with her absent husband.

Dain Sundstrom from IBM who didn't take technical limitations as a final
answer and coded around the obstacles we ran into.  We ran into many
dead-ends but it was his can do attitude that got us through.  Dain was
able to dig into the intricacies of IIOP and come up with some great
solutions in an incredibly short time.  Dain was instrumental in
coordinating the interop effort and was able to make sure that resources
filled in gaps.  Special thanks Marleta for putting up w/ an absent Dain
and for, well, pretty much putting up w/ Dain.

David Jencks, also from IBM.  There is no piece of the Geronimo server
that David hasn't had a significant hand in and interop was no
exception.  We didn't get to see him too much at JavaOne because he was
holed up in a hotel room with Dave Blevins, cranking out tests.  Not
many people know that David took the TCK effort so seriously that he
vowed never to cut his hair or shave until all the tests passed.  We all
eagerly wait to see the new David.  ;)

Thanks again guys!

Regards,
Alan

Re: More TCK kudos

Posted by Gianny Damour <gi...@optusnet.com.au>.
+1

Also, I do think that it is worth to notice that these two areas, and
interop especially, are very complex. FWIW, I have stopped trying to
follow IIOP related commits a long time ago as it was way above my
understanding. As an aside, these guys have been/are really fast. Not
many people know that ubiquitous David J. complains to have a slow
laptop; my point of view is that he is simply faster than his laptop.

So, I take my hat off to them; we owe them a lot!

Gianny

Re: More TCK kudos

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 02:25:32AM -0700, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> I would also like to chime in and thank those people who worked on the
> security and interop tests.
>
> Jeff Genender from Virtuas jumped right in and cranked out the JACC
> tests in no-time.  Not only did he come in cold and dove into the
> intricacies of JACC and our implementation, he also was able to tangle
> with some hairy TCK issues; I am prohibited from going into details but
> suffice it to say he has some nasty bite marks you know where.  Special
> thanks to Nachi, Jeff's wife, for putting up with her absent husband.
>
> Dain Sundstrom from IBM who didn't take technical limitations as a final
> answer and coded around the obstacles we ran into.  We ran into many
> dead-ends but it was his can do attitude that got us through.  Dain was
> able to dig into the intricacies of IIOP and come up with some great
> solutions in an incredibly short time.  Dain was instrumental in
> coordinating the interop effort and was able to make sure that resources
> filled in gaps.  Special thanks Marleta for putting up w/ an absent Dain
> and for, well, pretty much putting up w/ Dain.
>
> David Jencks, also from IBM.  There is no piece of the Geronimo server
> that David hasn't had a significant hand in and interop was no
> exception.  We didn't get to see him too much at JavaOne because he was
> holed up in a hotel room with Dave Blevins, cranking out tests.  Not
> many people know that David took the TCK effort so seriously that he
> vowed never to cut his hair or shave until all the tests passed.  We all
> eagerly wait to see the new David.  ;)

ROFL!!!!!

> Thanks again guys!

+ 100000....