Posted to user@struts.apache.org by johnseitz <se...@pobox.com> on 2002/03/21 19:32:55 UTC

HTML:select multiple=true

I have an object called AreaCode which contains a property called
areaId.

I have an object called AreaDislayBean which contains a property
called areas.  This property is an array property which returns
AreaCode[] array.

My <html:select> tag looks like this:
  options tags are here

Now maybe I'm stupid (which is very possible), but I though that
struts tags could handle this property propagation.  But it
consisteny returns an error.

So what I did is make the AreaDisplayBean contain a property called
areaIds which is an array property of Long.  After making the change
to the html:select tag to use the property name "areaIds", the
select tag renders correctly.

It just seems odd that I would have to rip apart my AreaCode object
to get to its areaId property. Am I using the tag correctly?  Can
someone throw me a bone in the right direction?

Thanks

John

Re: HTML:select multiple=true

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
It's difficult to tell what the exact problem is without seeing at least
the interface code for the bean you are trying to expose. The tags
access the beans, so the beans are an essential part of the equation.

-- Ted Husted, Husted dot Com, Fairport NY US
-- Developing Java Web Applications with Struts
-- Tel: +1 585 737-3463
-- Web: http://husted.com/about/services