Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by dean gaudet <de...@arctic.org> on 2000/12/31 19:57:10 UTC

Re: PCRE symbols

[an old thread, but hey, it's one of my favourite rants.]

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Sander van Zoest wrote:

> +1, I would think this is a good idea. We probably should think about doing
> this for every non-apache library we bring in.

isn't it obvious that the problem is the apache module architecture
itself?  this is pretty stupid having to link the same library more than
once with different symbol names.  even if both copies are the same you
won't be sharing code like you should be.

it's worthwhile to stare at how the unix shell interface, "foo | bar"
works without any of this insanity.

hint:  IPC isn't evil.

-dean