Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com> on 2023/01/31 00:58:09 UTC

understand Cloudstack Database performance

Hello everyone!

ACS 4.17.2 with a separate database. ACS currently has no vm instances.

While creating some /16 user networks we noticed some timeouts on the API.
After some tests - the smaller the new network the less the issues.

Checking the database - there were 600 slow queries on average.
The db server is separate - 8gb of ram and 6gb given for
innodb_buffer_pool_size.
Buffing the vm RAM to 64 gb did not help.

What did help was increasing join_buffer_size to 64MB.

Optimization tips in the docs do not give much info: page
https://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/en/latest/adminguide/tuning.html

Is there an optimization guide that has to be done for CS to perform
normally?
Are there any rules that need to be followed while scaling the
infrastructure?

Regards,
Jordan

Re: understand Cloudstack Database performance

Posted by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the tip Kiran!

We already increased that to 700 but there wasn't any
performance improvement whatsoever.

On the other hand when using a db stress tool (mysqlslap) we could easily
over 20000 queries per second root cause is probably still in Cloudstack
config somewhere.

Regards.
Jordan

Posted by jordan j <yo...@gmail.com>.