Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Viktor Somogyi-Vass <vi...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2022/06/08 13:48:56 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Should we automatically close stale PRs?

>One thing that might make sense to do maybe is to add frequent contributors
>with the "triage" role, so they could label PRs they reviewed and they can
>be taken by committers for a further review and potential merge. What do
>you think?

In addition to labeling commits as stale I think the opposite as said above
(triage and label new PRs) is a very good idea too. We often try to review
each other's commits in the team before/after publishing them upstream.
Such commits I think would filter the incoming PRs well and make overall
quality better.
Would it be possible to do this? I'd be happy to be triager.

Posted by Divij Vaidya <di...@gmail.com>.
FWIW, I think the "triaged" label is a great idea for reducing the
workload on committers. It would perhaps help in reducing our open PR count
and increase the velocity of contributions to the project.

--
Divij Vaidya