Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2009/01/20 07:49:51 UTC

Re: default password not working in tutorial

On Dec 20, 2008, at 8:33 AM, Contact OpenEyeDevelopment wrote:

> hello,
>
> After a lot of difficulties I finally succeeded in installing and
> starting
> Jetspeed 2 according to the instructions in the maven based tutorial.
>
> I am using everything default, including using the embedded derby
> database.
>
> However when going to the startpage:
> http://localhost:8080/jetexpress/portal/
>
> I am not able to login with the default user and password admin/admin.
>
> I deleted my database did an mvn clear and a new build (mvn -P
> tomcat,min), but it does not make any difference..
>
> Did the default password change?

no

> Can I somehow find the password directly in derby?

We start the database in single user mode. You can access Derby, but
not at the same time as Jetspeed. Just use a database tool that can
view the data like Eclispe

Sounds like something is going wrong though, as that password should
work. Maybe there are problems being logged to the logs/jetspeed.log
or console in Tomcat?

Re: default password not working in tutorial

Posted by Contact OpenEyeDevelopment <co...@openeyedev.com>.
David,

Thanks for your answer!

After a lot of  Googling I found the answer to my problem. Or rather a
solution, I really don't understand the ins and outs of it.

It seems that in my version of TomCat 5.5 I had to change a setting in the
file $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/jetexpress.xml to indicate
that I want to use a context classloader.

I give the new setting below, for the benefit of others that might
encounter the same problem. The setting useContextClassLoader had to be
changed from false to true:

<Context crossContext="true">

  <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm"
         appName="Jetspeed"
 userClassNames="org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.UserPrincipalImpl"
 roleClassNames="org.apache.jetspeed.security.impl.RolePrincipalImpl"
         useContextClassLoader="true"
         debug="0"/>

Kind regards,

Ronald Portier, Open Eye Development