Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Marcey, Joel I" <jo...@intel.com> on 2000/09/12 18:02:40 UTC

SCL/NASSL

Greetings,

What are the key differences between Microsoft's SCL and IBM's NASSL? Are
there plans to work to come up with a common contract language or are they
complementary?

Thanks.

Re: SCL/NASSL

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.
Please go to site http://www.UDDI.org  for the upcoming 'real' future . I
personally very much like it! I am sure that IBM will shepherd 'us' to the
Java successor of NASSL. I would like my company to use that!
Regards - George

p.s. IMHO James Snell on the soap-dev list (whose opinions I respect, even if
I do not always agree with :-) believes that SCL is leading just now and he
would like to define a successor to NASSL. I am sure that the IBM Aplhaworks
crew (who I respect very, very much!) are busy, on the 'extended' NASSL ASAP.
Please also look at the 'Web Services Toolkit' at the Alphaworks site, there
is a new release. It is using NASSL and Java Soap (IBM's and not Apache's)

Re: SCL/NASSL

Posted by George I Matkovits <ma...@uswest.net>.