Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Deneux, Christophe" <ch...@capgemini.com> on 2007/06/01 16:09:20 UTC

RE : How-to use a lib directory instead of the repository

Hi,

To do that, you must use a private repository. A private repository has the same directory tree than your local repository ($HOME/.me/repository), and is located in your project. It is declared in your pom into the section <repositories> and/or <pluginRepositories>. Its URL is a file based URL.
Moreover, in a multomodule project you will define the property "topDirectoryLocation"

Example:
  <repository>
   <id>private</id>
   <name>Private Repository</name>
   <url>
    file:${basedir}/${topDirectoryLocation}/etc/maven/private-repository
   </url>
   <releases>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
   </releases>
   <snapshots>
    <enabled>false</enabled>
   </snapshots>
  </repository>
Christophe DENEUX / Capgemini Sud / Méditerranée
Technical Leader
Tel: + 33 4 93 95 55 92 / www.capgemini.com <http://www.capgemini.com/>
Porte de l'Arénas - Entrée B / 455 Promenade des Anglais / 06200 Nice / FRANCE
Join the Collaborative Business Experience
Please consider the environment and do not print this email unless absolutely necessary. Capgemini encourages environmental awareness.

________________________________

De: Maarten Volders [mailto:maarten@sherpa-consulting.be]
Date: ven. 01/06/2007 15:10
À: users@maven.apache.org
Objet : How-to use a lib directory instead of the repository

All,

I have a lot of libs which are not in the repository (central) each of them
depending on a whole bunch of other libs, and manually putting them in the
internal repository is really a lot of work, type-work :-) because all the
dependencies have to be declared manually. So instead I want to make use of
a lib directory instead of retrieving all my jar from the repository.

How can this be accomplished with Maven?

Grtz