Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Ylan Segal <yl...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/04 19:20:18 UTC

Newbie -- how to set ivy.lib.dir

Hi everyone,

I am just starting out with ivy, and tried searching in the archive and
docs, but can't find a solution to my seemingly simple problem.

I want to direct the copying of jars from <ivy:retrieve> to a specific
directory, instead of the default ivy.lib.dir. For example:

<ivy:retrieve sync="true"
pattern="${ivy.lib.dir}/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>

copies the jars into the lib directory as expected. However using:

<ivy:retrieve sync="true" pattern="test/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"/>

does not copy the jars, even thought the output from ivy says it did. It
seems that the pattern *has* to start with ${ivy.lib.dir} for it to
work. Is this the case?

Also, I tried setting ivy.lib.dir in the build.xml file (first thing in
the file) to a different value. Doing that results in no files being
copied either.

What am I missing? I just want <ivy:retrive> to copy the files to a
specific directory!

Ylan.

Re: Newbie -- how to set ivy.lib.dir

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
There is already jira issue about the handling of the relative path.  You
can vot for it.

Gilles

--
Gilles Scokart

Re: Newbie -- how to set ivy.lib.dir

Posted by Ylan Segal <yl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shawn Castrianni <Sh...@halliburton.com>.
I do:

<ivy:retrieve pattern="${basedir}/dependencies/[module]/[type]/[artifact].[ext]" ivypattern="${basedir}/dependencies/[module]/[type]/[artifact].[ext]"/>

---
Shawn Castrianni

[...]

This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential and privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.