Posted to user@spark.apache.org by zgalic <zd...@fer.hr> on 2014/02/06 15:04:18 UTC

Errors occurred while compiling module 'spark-streaming-zeromq' (IntelliJ IDEA 13.0.2)

Hi Spark users,

Trying to run any of examples failed due to JavaZeroMQStreamSuite.java
compilation errors:

Information:Using javac 1.7.0_21 to compile java sources
Information:java: Errors occurred while compiling module
'spark-streaming-zeromq'
Information:Compilation completed with 7 errors and 12 warnings in 13 min 8
sec
Information:7 errors
Information:12 warnings
Warning:scalac: there were 56 feature warning(s); re-run with -feature for
details
Warning:scalac: there were 35 feature warning(s); re-run with -feature for
details
Warning:scalac: there were 6 feature warning(s); re-run with -feature for
details
Warning:scalac: there were 4 feature warning(s); re-run with -feature for
details
/home/zgalic/spark-0.9.0-incubating/core/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/api/java/function/PairFlatMapFunction.java
    Warning:Warning:java: Some input files use unchecked or unsafe
operations.
    Warning:Warning:java: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
/home/zgalic/spark-0.9.0-incubating/core/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark/rdd/RDDSuite.scala
    Warning:Warning:line (51)method mapPartitionsWithSplit in class RDD is
deprecated: use mapPartitionsWithIndex
    val partitionSumsWithSplit = nums.mapPartitionsWithSplit {
                                      ^
/home/zgalic/spark-0.9.0-incubating/core/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark/JavaAPISuite.java
    Warning:Warning:java:
/home/zgalic/spark-0.9.0-incubating/core/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark/JavaAPISuite.java
uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Warning:Warning:java: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
/home/zgalic/spark-0.9.0-incubating/streaming/src/test/scala/org/apache/spark/streaming/InputStreamsSuite.scala
    Warning:Warning:line (305)method connect in class IOManager is
deprecated: use the new implementation in package akka.io instead
  override def preStart = IOManager(context.system).connect(new
InetSocketAddress(port))
                                                    ^
/home/zgalic/spark-0.9.0-incubating/streaming/src/test/java/org/apache/spark/streaming/JavaAPISuite.java
    Warning:Warning:java:
/home/zgalic/spark-0.9.0-incubating/streaming/src/test/java/org/apache/spark/streaming/JavaAPISuite.java
uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
    Warning:Warning:java: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
/home/zgalic/spark-0.9.0-incubating/external/zeromq/src/test/java/org/apache/spark/streaming/zeromq/JavaZeroMQStreamSuite.java
    Error:Error:line (24)java: package org.apache.spark.api.java.function
does not exist
    Error:Error:line (25)java: package org.apache.spark.storage does not
exist
    Error:Error:line (35)java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class Function
  location: class org.apache.spark.streaming.zeromq.JavaZeroMQStreamSuite
    Error:Error:line (35)java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class Function
  location: class org.apache.spark.streaming.zeromq.JavaZeroMQStreamSuite
    Error:Error:line (42)java: cannot access
org.apache.spark.api.java.function.Function
  class file for org.apache.spark.api.java.function.Function not found
    Error:Error:line (45)java: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   variable StorageLevel
  location: class org.apache.spark.streaming.zeromq.JavaZeroMQStreamSuite
    Error:Error:line (47)java: cannot find symbol

Re: Errors occurred while compiling module 'spark-streaming-zeromq' (IntelliJ IDEA 13.0.2)

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.
If you are using a sbt project file to link to spark streaming, then it is
actually simpler. Here is an example sbt file that links to Spark Streaming
and Spark Streaming's twitter functionality (for Spark 0.9).
https://github.com/amplab/training/blob/ampcamp4/streaming/scala/build.sbt

Instead of spark-streaming-twitter, in your case it will be
spark-streaming-flume or spark-streaming-zeromq .

I hope this sbt configuration works with your IDE.

TD

problem running multiple executors on large machine

Posted by Yadid Ayzenberg <ya...@media.mit.edu>.
Hi All,

I have a setup which consists of 8 small machines (1  core) and 8G RAM
and 1 large machine (8 cores) with 100G RAM. Is there a way to enable
spark to run multiple executors on the large machine, and a single
executor on each of the small machines ?

Alternatively, is is possible to run a single executor that will utilize
all cores and available memory on the large machine as well as executors
with less memory on the smaller machines?

I tried configuring spark-env.sh on the large machine, but java -Xmx is
configured uniformly for the entire cluster.
Is there any way to configure -Xmx separately for each machine ?

Thanks,

Yadid

Re: Errors occurred while compiling module 'spark-streaming-zeromq' (IntelliJ IDEA 13.0.2)

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.
Maybe somehow its not finding core Spark classes. Can you try adding the
spark-core project as an explicit dependency on the spark-streaming-XYZ
projects?

TD

Posted by Josh Rosen <ro...@gmail.com>.
This sounds like a classpath issue in IntelliJ, so I'd also try refreshing
the SBT project in IntelliJ, or re-importing it.

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.