Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Jonathan Roberts <jd...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/25 11:13:06 UTC

soap service access from behind a proxy server

Hi all,

Are there any reported problems with attempting to use a method call to a
soap server from behind a proxy server?

We are attempting to do a soap call however we are getting :

Reported Exception is : [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=Error
opening socket: Connection refused: connect;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgum
entException: Error opening socket: Connection refused: connect]

Any advice would be great.

Jonathan

Re: soap service access from behind a proxy server

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
What version of Apache SOAP are you using and how are you telling it
about the proxy?  With release versions of Apache SOAP, you must specify
proxy address, port, user and/or password by calling methods on
SOAPHTTPConnection.  The current code base (and thus the nightly builds)
supports use of system properties such as http.proxyHost,
http.proxyPort, http.proxyUser and http.proxyPassword (in addition to
the existing methods), which means you can specify proxy parameters
without touching the code.

Scott Nichol

<ma...@xml.apache.org>
<ma...@xml.apache.org>

Re: soap service access from behind a proxy server