Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/20 13:17:11 UTC

Adding patches to JIRA issues instead of emailing them

Hi Michelle,

I found this on one of the apache website pages. I have modified it, but i
feel that we should have it on the wiki in the SubversionRepository page.

"With your patch generated, you need to send it to the developers. Add it as
an attachment to the relevant bug report in the bug tracking database, which
is JIRA. If a bug report doesn't exist yet, create one. You should supply a
patch-per-issue, that is, a patch can span multiple files but you should
normally try not to fix multiple bugs in a single patch, unless those bugs
are intimately related."

Now that we have the JIRA notification thing working, i think it would be a
good idea to add patches to JIRA issues instead of emailing them.

--
Karan Malhi