Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2010/09/15 22:03:57 UTC

Problem with Producer and Temporary Queue when Connection to Jms Server is lost

  We had a problem with a request reply jms producer that uses a
temporary queue for replies.

The connection to the jms server was temporarily lost. The jms provider
we use (Tibco EMS) first tries to do a reconnect to the same session. In
our case the network was not available for more than the session
timeout. So the jms provider did a new login. I think that in this case
a temporary queue that was created with the old session is not reachable
for the new session.

So the problem was that the route with this jms producer was not able to
receive messages anymore. After a restart of the web container the
problem was gone.

After a look into the code of the jms component I think that camel only
creates the temporary queue once. So this would explain the behaviour
that we saw.
Is this correct or did I miss something and the temporary queue should
be recereated in the current code?

I think that the jms component should be able to recreate the temporary
queue in case of a connection loss. I hope that tibco ems reports the
connection loss so we can react on it. Did anyone experience the same
problem, perhaps with another jms provider? In case it is a problem in
the code do you have any ideas how a fix should work?

Best Regards

Christian

--
----