Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/19 14:21:45 UTC

wicket via websocket

hi,
could someone explain it to me how I can configure my jetty to use wicket
and web sockets.
inside servlet container it is more-or-less simple as I need to write my own
servlet that will set socket connection with browser.

but I dont understand and cannot find anything on the web that explains
configuration of wicket filter with jetty's websocket servlet :(

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński

kamiseq@gmail.com
pkaminski.prv@gmail.com
______________________

Re: wicket via websocket

Posted by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com>.
thanks, I run into the first page but I was curious if I can do this
depending only on wicket. but I will give it a try again

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński

kamiseq@gmail.com
pkaminski.prv@gmail.com
______________________

Re: wicket via websocket

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:38 PM, heapifyman <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> wicket plus atmosphere framework might also be a possibility. one tutorial
> here:
>
> http://jfarcand.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/writing-websocket-application-using-apache-wicket/

A way more Wicket-ish version at
https://github.com/martin-g/wicket-atmosphere-tests

Re: wicket via websocket

Posted by heapifyman <he...@gmail.com>.

Re: wicket via websocket

Posted by kamiseq <ka...@gmail.com>.
ok, thanks, I will try that

pozdrawiam
Paweł Kamiński

kamiseq@gmail.com
pkaminski.prv@gmail.com
______________________

Re: wicket via websocket

Posted by Rodolfo Hansen <rh...@kitsd.com>.
No, with cometd 2.0 wicket-push will attempt to use websockets if they are
available, and fallbackto long-polling if not.

--
Rodolfo Hansen
CTO, KindleIT Software Development

Re: wicket via websocket

Re: wicket via websocket

Posted by Sebastian <no...@gmx.net>.
try wicketstuff wicket-push cometd implementation
http://wicketstuff.org/confluence/display/STUFFWIKI/wicket-push

regards,
seb

Re: wicket via websocket

Re: wicket via websocket

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Describe the use case - for what do you need websocket communication ?