Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by sbhosale <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/31 17:34:22 UTC

Want to save Aggregate and Summary report in csv format automatically

Hi all,

I have a script written for my application and I am putting the performance
script in my nightly build so that when I come to office every morning I
would get a performance report.

Now the problem I am facing here is I want the Aggregate and summary report
in csv format which we are seeing it on Jmeter UI by saving the table data
button. I want all the columns in from aggregate and summary reports. I have
tried saving the jtl files but reading the jtl files are not showing the
same columns as with the normal report.

I want to save the agg. and summary report when my nightly build is
successful. So can anybody help me how I can save the same report that we
save it manually in Jmeter UI. Any settings. I have tried saving both the
reports using the "Write results to file" method with sample result save
configuration method. But I am not getting the columns which are present in
the simple report.

So please advice the solution for the same,

Thank You,

Regards,
Sandeep

Re: Want to save Aggregate and Summary report in csv format automatically

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.
Tool must be called either from command prompt/unix console or from batch
scripts.
First become familiar with tool usage making its runs from your computer
command line. The example in wiki page is good to start with.
Note that you can generate csv only for custom plugins set. I think response
times distribution plugin will fit you.

1. Run your test and save results to results.jtl file.
2. run "java -jar JMeterPluginsCMD.jar --generate-csv exportedData.csv
--input-jtl results.jtl --plugin-type ResponseTimesDistribution"
3. Investigate contents of exportedData.csv

If you ok with results - place this call into your nightly script

Re: Want to save Aggregate and Summary report in csv format automatically

Posted by sbhosale <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I have placed the plugin tool in the lib/ext directory. Now can you please
tell me how do I use the tool to generate the csv? I am not getting where to
write the generating CSV commands.

Thanks
Sandeep

Posted by apc <ap...@apc.kg>.