Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous <da...@saxess.com> on 2002/10/29 10:29:52 UTC

cocoon-2.0.3 portal in a production environment ...

Is it reasonable to use the cocoon portal demo
from cocoon-2.0.3 as starting point for a
productive application running about 20000
users with about 120 concurrent sessions and
about 10 major page hits per second (not counting
subsequent requests for images and so on)

We are currently running a SUN Enterprise 450
with 4 processors (i think 450 MHz or so...)
We are using tomcat 4.1.12, but may switch to
websphere due to customer restrictions...

any hint is welcome.
regards, Hussayn

--
Dr. Hussayn Dabbous
SAXESS Software Design GmbH

Re: cocoon-2.0.3 portal in a production environment ...

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
SAXESS - Hussayn Dabbous wrote:

> Is it reasonable to use the cocoon portal demo from cocoon-2.0.3 as
> starting point for a productive application running about 20000
> users with about 120 concurrent sessions and
> about 10 major page hits per second (not counting subsequent requests
> for images and so on)
>
> We are currently running a SUN Enterprise 450
> with 4 processors (i think 450 MHz or so...)
> We are using tomcat 4.1.12, but may switch to
> websphere due to customer restrictions...
>
> any hint is welcome.
> regards, Hussayn

I don't picture any problem at all with the load/system you describe.

But of course, YMMV.

--
Stefano Mazzocchi                               <st...@apache.org>