Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Anamika raj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/21 07:25:38 UTC

Processes are not showing in the JConsole

the process which i want to monitor on JConsole not showing in the JConsole
window.Can anybody help me why they are not showing.However I enabled JMX on
my process.What would be the possible cause of not showing the process.My
process is running it is showing in the task manager also.when I m trying to
run JConsole with the my process ID,,,like e.g JConsole C:\program
Files\java\jdk1.6.0_04\bin>jconsole 3816,then it is giving me invalid
process id.

RE: Processes are not showing in the JConsole

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.jung@kippdata.de]
> Subject: Re: Processes are not showing in the JConsole
>
> Is it still possible under Vista, and will it help, if you let the
> service run with the same account you are using to login?

Nope, I've tried that.  The service remains invisible to jps and JConsole, even if the same account is used for both.  I did not try getting the pid from task manager and using it explicitly when starting JConsole, but will do so when I get back to my Vista box (it's a couple of kilometers away and powered off at the moment).

 - Chuck

Re: Processes are not showing in the JConsole

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
On 21.05.2009 14:57, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: Anamika raj [mailto:rajnamika@gmail.com]
>> Subject: Processes are not showing in the JConsole
>>
>> the process which i want to monitor on JConsole not showing
>> in the JConsole window.
>
> Welcome to the wonderful world of Windows "security".  At least on Vista, Tomcat running as a service is not accessible to JConsole, jps, jstack, or any of the other highly useful tools, regardless of the account the service is running under, or whether or not the tool is being run as an administrator.
>
> The only means I've found to monitor Tomcat with JConsole is to run Tomcat from the .bat scripts, not as a service.  The scripts are only in the .zip download, not the .exe one, by the way.

Is it still possible under Vista, and will it help, if you let the
service run with the same account you are using to login?

Regards,

Rainer

RE: Processes are not showing in the JConsole

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.