Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Charles Williams <ch...@slydder.homelinux.com> on 2002/04/28 15:48:53 UTC

OT: Site update info

Hey all,

Sorry to be posting OT here but I have received a LARGE amount of mail
address failures because of the network I'm on and would just like to shoot
an update out to all parties interested.

Due to the steady influx of new members on my site, and the fact that the
site is moving more and more towards System/Network Admin topics and
solutions I decided to make a few changes.

1 I finally got around to fixing the second site theme.  For all those
registered go ahead and give it a try.
2 Due to the network this site is hosted on (T-Offline) a lot of people
can't seem to complete the membership process because a lot of servers are
blocking the T-Online network range.  This issue will be remedied as soon as
I move the server to the new data center.  Until then if you have articles
or such you want to post just use an active Yahoo or Hotmail account while
registering.  PLEASE!  I am getting swamped with rejected mail here and it
ain't fun. ;) http://www.slydder.homelinux.com/users/
3 To reflect the change (or solidification) in direction of the site I have
changed the name to IT Admins!.  This basically includes Linux, Unix, BSD,
Network, Game server, mail server, SQL server, whatever. Admins.  If you
notice your specialty not listed under the topics then let me know and I'll
be more than happy to add it.
4 I have fixed the blank subject Comments bug for those of you too lazy to
write a subject line when posting a comment.  Remember, you need not be a
member to comment on any given article.
5 Please no more "test" articles/stories.  I hate having to clean those out.
If you posted a test article and didn't see it on the site then that is why.
Go ahead and post your articles but make sure they are something more
substantial than "test, test.  Can you see me?".  Remember, you can post
articles/stories, links, faqs and files whether you are a member or not.
However, members will be given priority posting.

Well, that's about it for now.  As I said earlier sorry for the OT post but
I'm really tired of the failed mail replies of people wanting to join.
After getting 200+ in one day it gets kinda old.  Thanks for your
understanding.

have fun,
chuck
http://www.slydder.homelinux.com