Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by kay <go...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/08 12:35:00 UTC

ClusterGroupEmptyException: Topology projection is empty.

Hello! I have a 2 server nodes.
 when I start a first node, sometimes I got 'ClusterGroupEmptyException:
Topology projection is empty.'

What is exactly this Exception mean??
and What should I do to avoid this error? Or is it a okay to ignore??

Thank you so much!

Re: ClusterGroupEmptyException: Topology projection is empty.

Posted by Michael Cherkasov <mi...@gmail.com>.
visor, WebConsole or ControlCenter use the same mechanisms for cluster
monitoring, so if you use any of it see such kind of errors, you can ignore
them, they are harmless for your cluster.

Posted by kay <go...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Alexandr Shapkin <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

    [33m[2020.09.08 21:19:28.898] [WARN ] [o.a.i.i.p.r.h.t.GridTaskCommandHandler] Failed to execute task due to topology issues (are all mapped nodes alive?) [name=o.a.i.i.v.compute.VisorGatewayTask, clientId=null, err=class o.a.i.IgniteCheckedException: Failed to reduce job results due to undeclared user exception [task=o.a.i.i.v.compute.VisorGatewayTask@6eb42aa, err=class o.a.i.cluster.ClusterGroupEmptyException: Topology projection is empty.]]

Well, it’s the VisorNodeConfigurationCollectorTask that’s trying to execute,
but failed cause the server is not ready.

Do you use the Visor for cluster monitoring? I think it’s fine to ignore it,
but it’s worth understanding what’s launching it.

Posted by Aleksandr Shapkin <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi, is it possible to attach a full error stacktrace? Also what version do
you use?

There could be many places where cluster groups are required, please check
the docs for more details [1]

[1] - https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cluster-groups

вт, 8 сент. 2020 г. в 15:35, kay <go...@gmail.com>:

> Hello! I have a 2 server nodes.
>  when I start a first node, sometimes I got 'ClusterGroupEmptyException:
> Topology projection is empty.'
>
> What is exactly this Exception mean??
> and What should I do to avoid this error? Or is it a okay to ignore??
>
> Thank you so much!

Alex.