Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Wai <bz...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/09 21:54:27 UTC

mySql max_allowed_packet configuration in entityengine.xml ?

I'm running ofbiz (based off of trunk) with mysqld Ver 5.1.49 on linux.

While trying to upload a large image file via
https://http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/partymgr/control/viewprofile?partyId=Company,
I got the following relevant message from ofbiz:

"(Packet for query is too large (16888785 > 1048576). You can change this
value on the server by setting the max_allowed_packet' variable.))"

Further research indicates that I need to use the following command to start
mysql server.

#mysqld --max_allowed_packet=some_larger_value

Could someone tell me if there is an equivalent attribute that I can use in
the entityengine.xml that I can configure rather than having to remember to
use the above command when starting the mysql server.  This would help to
reduce the number of things to remember when using the ofbiz in another
system.

Thanks,
Wai

Re: mySql max_allowed_packet configuration in entityengine.xml ?

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.
Under [mysqld] in my.cnf, I have:

max_allowed_packet      = 640M

I believe it's a server setting, N/A to entitiyengine.xml

Also, for ofbiz, there are a lot other mysql parameters you should
change, especially:

table_cache            = 1200
table_definition_cache  = 1200

OFBiz has over 800 tables, and they should be cached.