Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Aurelien <au...@fractals.be> on 2001/09/17 21:05:41 UTC

DTMDOMException + HTML Tables

Hi,

Sorry, this is obviously a beginner's problem trying to fiddle with
Xalan:

I have this long list of xml nodes that I have to format into an HTML
table. BTW, there *must* be some standard way to do this. However, I
tried to implement a java static method in a helper class, taking a
NodeList as parameter, with the following signature:

public static String getTable (org.w3c.dom.NodeList nodelist );

The xsl code is:
<xsl:value-of
select="java:be.fractals.soccer.servlet.TableFormatter.getTable(.)"/>

But all I get is:

org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMDOMException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMDOMException: at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:1094) at
be.fractals.soccer.servlet.SoccerEntry.doGet(SoccerEntry.java:119) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740) at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853) at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:405)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:287) at
at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:
797) at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection
(HttpConnectionHandler.java:213) at
at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:501)
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

Above all, I'd really want to know if I'm not totally mistaken by taking
this rather sloppy approach...

Thanks,

Aurélien