Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de> on 2020/05/02 09:05:51 UTC

AW: Symbol metadata for connections

Hi,

this is a very good point.
You mean something like "getAllSymbols()" (which would only be possible in S7 case with either TIA File or S7Comm+ Protocol).
But totally makes sense for ADS or OPC UA.

Would love to see a Design Doc for that (starting with OPC UA and ADS gives quite a wide range of needs).

Julian
Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Yes, that's the most important thing. In the end, the leads should be addressed that you simply add to request builder. But we should really carefully think about the api.

Would like to have @Matthias Milan Strljic<ma...@isw.uni-stuttgart.de> on board here. He knows lots of protocols.

Julian

Holen Sie sich Outlook für Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>