Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gk...@apache.org> on 2007/09/09 19:36:58 UTC

Re: svn commit: r574029 - in /cocoon/trunk/core: cocoon-expression-language/cocoon-expression-language-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/ cocoon-pipeline/cocoon-pipeline-impl/src/main/resources/META-INF/cocoon/spring/ cocoon-sitemap/cocoon-sit...

Hi Daniel!

danielf@apache.org pisze:
> Author: danielf Date: Sun Sep  9 10:08:24 2007 New Revision: 574029

> ObjectModel.xml to the cocoon-sitemap-impl module as they depend on the
> CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider.java that is defined there. Beans must follow the same dependency
> graph as the Java classes. Also changed the package of the CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider.java
> from o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel that is defined in the cocoon-expression-language-impl module to
> o.a.c.objectmodel.impl that only is used in the cocoon-sitemap-impl module. Please avoid split
> packages, where some of the classes in the package are in one module and the rest in another.

I agree with your point about dependencies but I don't like your solution of moving stuff to already
overloaded cocoon-sitemap-impl module.
Actually, whole problem with dependencies comes from the fact that this snippet:
<property name="initialEntries">
  <map>
    <entry key="cocoon" value-ref="o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel.CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider"/>
    <entry key="Packages" value-ref="o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel.PackagesEntryObjectModelProvider"/>
    <entry key="java" value-ref="o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel.JavaEntryObjectModelProvider"/>
  </map>
</property>

was considered as temporary that I forgot to state clearly which is my fault. This static map should
be just replaced by <configurator:bean-map/> that would collect all ObjectModel providers
dynamically at runtime. If you do this and take care of beans renaming so keys in Map are properly
created by <configurator:bean-map/> there is no need to move anything.

Obviously, there is some clean up work left in EL code that I intended to perform just after I
settle with my current top-priority affairs like passing exams or finding new flat. I hope to be
more helpful in one week.

--
Grzegorz Kossakowski

Posted by Daniel Fagerstrom <da...@nada.kth.se>.
Grzegorz Kossakowski skrev:
> Hi Daniel!
>
> danielf@apache.org pisze:
>> Author: danielf Date: Sun Sep  9 10:08:24 2007 New Revision: 574029

>> ObjectModel.xml to the cocoon-sitemap-impl module as they depend on the
>> CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider.java that is defined there. Beans must follow the same dependency
>> graph as the Java classes. Also changed the package of the CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider.java
>> from o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel that is defined in the cocoon-expression-language-impl module to
>> o.a.c.objectmodel.impl that only is used in the cocoon-sitemap-impl module. Please avoid split
>> packages, where some of the classes in the package are in one module and the rest in another.
>
> I agree with your point about dependencies but I don't like your solution of moving stuff to already
> overloaded cocoon-sitemap-impl module.
> Actually, whole problem with dependencies comes from the fact that this snippet:
> <property name="initialEntries">
>   <map>
>     <entry key="cocoon" value-ref="o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel.CocoonEntryObjectModelProvider"/>
>     <entry key="Packages" value-ref="o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel.PackagesEntryObjectModelProvider"/>
>     <entry key="java" value-ref="o.a.c.el.impl.objectmodel.JavaEntryObjectModelProvider"/>
>   </map>
> </property>
>
> was considered as temporary that I forgot to state clearly which is my fault. This static map should
> be just replaced by <configurator:bean-map/> that would collect all ObjectModel providers
> dynamically at runtime. If you do this and take care of beans renaming so keys in Map are properly
> created by <configurator:bean-map/> there is no need to move anything.

OK, that seem like a better solution. But until that is implemented, it
is better that component dependencies are syncronized with module
dependenicies.

> Obviously, there is some clean up work left in EL code that I intended to perform just after I
> settle with my current top-priority affairs like passing exams or finding new flat.

Seem like a reasonable priority ;)

/Daniel