Posted to dev@nuttx.apache.org by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/09 17:00:54 UTC

Graduation?

Are we missing any major requirements to graduate to Top Level Project?

If no showstoppers, how does everyone feel about starting the discuss
thread at the incubator?

Cheers,
Nathan

Re: Graduation?

Posted by Alin Jerpelea <je...@gmail.com>.
my last commits will arrive this week then if there are no other concerns I
would suggest that someone runs FOSSID and verifies independently that I
did not miss anything.

If we all agree that the feedback was addressed I can start a new release
process without the WIP disclaimer

Best regards
Alin

Re: Graduation?

Posted by Brennan Ashton <ba...@brennanashton.com>.

Re: Graduation?

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.

Re: Graduation?

Posted by "张铎(Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.

Alin Jerpelea <je...@gmail.com>于2022年2月10日 周四01:35写道:

Re: Graduation?

Posted by Alin Jerpelea <je...@gmail.com>.

RE: Graduation?

Posted by "Alin.Jerpelea@sony.com" <Al...@sony.com>.
Hi all,

I am happy to announce that the licenses are migrated to Apache and the remaining ones are documented in the LICENSE file

It would be good If someone can run a FOSSID scan to double check the licenses (in case I missed something)  then I think that we can remove the DISCLAIMER-WIP from NuttX and start the NuttX 10.3 release process

Best regards
Alin

> There is also some code still in the repo with restrictions on use to
> a single microcontroller. That have come up in votes before.

Can we wrap code like that with a Kconfig, e.g., ALLOW_NONFREE_CODE, like we already have for GPL and BSD components?

Cheers,
Nathan

Re: Graduation?

Posted by Nathan Hartman <ha...@gmail.com>.