Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by jeff <je...@socialchange.net.au> on 2001/09/17 14:11:51 UTC

[C2] docs broken, and publicising Views

>From a clean CVS:

jeff@expresso:~/apache/xml/xml-cocoon2$ ./build.sh docs

Apache Cocoon 2 Build System
----------------------------
Buildfile: build.xml

init:
------------------- Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev [1999-2001] ----------------

.. chug chug..
[Xalan2Processor] Applying XSL sheet "sbk:/style/stylesheets/scan4resources.xsl"
[Xalan2Processor] Applying XSL sheet "sbk:/style/stylesheets/scan4resources.xsl"
[XercesParser] Attribute "anchor" must be declared for element type "jump". [File: "sbk:/sources/uc2.xml" Line: 22 Column: 40]
org.apache.stylebook.CreationException: SAXException caught while parsing
        at org.apache.stylebook.parsers.XercesParser.parse(XercesParser.java:55)

Anyway, I would like to update the docs to reference Stefano's paper "Towards
the Sematic Web", which contains an excellent description of "views" and what
they're for. I suggest everyone who hasn't read it do so; it's very good ;)

http://www.apache.org/~stefano/papers/semanticweb.pdf

--Jeff

Re: [C2] docs broken, and publicising Views

Posted by "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <mo...@ieee.org>.
jeff wrote:

>>>From a clean CVS:
>
>jeff@expresso:~/apache/xml/xml-cocoon2$ ./build.sh docs
>
>Apache Cocoon 2 Build System
>----------------------------
>Buildfile: build.xml
>
>init:
>------------------- Apache Cocoon 2.1-dev [1999-2001] ----------------
>
>.. chug chug..
>[Xalan2Processor] Applying XSL sheet "sbk:/style/stylesheets/scan4resources.xsl"
>[Xalan2Processor] Applying XSL sheet "sbk:/style/stylesheets/scan4resources.xsl"
>[XercesParser] Attribute "anchor" must be declared for element type "jump". [File: "sbk:/sources/uc2.xml" Line: 22 Column: 40]
>org.apache.stylebook.CreationException: SAXException caught while parsing
>        at org.apache.stylebook.parsers.XercesParser.parse(XercesParser.java:55)

 I don't know why this error is throw in uc2.xml file, but there are a
lot of files on xdocs directory with <jump anchor="id"/> tags, for
example xsp-internals.xml.
It seem to be a problem of Xerces because with an Oracle XML parser v2
it is validated OK acording to document-v10.dtd.

>Anyway, I would like to update the docs to reference Stefano's paper "Towards
>the Sematic Web", which contains an excellent description of "views" and what
>they're for. I suggest everyone who hasn't read it do so; it's very good ;)
>
>http://www.apache.org/~stefano/papers/semanticweb.pdf
>

>--Jeff

  Best regards, Marcelo.

--
Marcelo F. Ochoa - mochoa@ieee.org
Do you Know DB Prism? Look @ http://www.plenix.com/dbprism/

Re: AW: [C2] docs broken, and publicising Views

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Quoting Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>:
>
> > Quoting Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>:
> >
> > > The docs should build again. Thanks for reporting this!
> > >
> > > +1 for integrating "Towards the Sematic Web"
> >
> > +1 as well
>
> I've forgot to tell that Stefano has to give it's +1 as well. I know Stefano is
> back on the list so he will tell us soon :)

Grrr, I was to make a "surprise" call, but you ruined it :)

my +1 is obvious anyway.

Yes, people, I'm back, hopefully to stay :)

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: AW: [C2] docs broken, and publicising Views

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.