Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com> on 2002/07/12 21:05:31 UTC

Re: Fwd: Re: Validating DynaBeans and a Jakarta Parable

 >To turn around your turn around, why should we invent *two* mechanisms to
do the same thing (specify validations for dynamic form
 >beans)? That would be a horrendous waste of effort.

I disagree but understand and respect your point of view.

 >AFAICT, the validator framework can functionally do exactly what you
asked for, except that you have to configure two files instead of
 >one. If you don't want to use it, you don't have to -- but don't expect
*me* to lift a finger to help you write your own :-). The one we've got
 >works just fine, thank you. (And, the validator framework isn't specific
to Struts, either -- you can use it in your model tier as well as the
 >presentation tier if you need it.)

Wasn't asking you to do it, this was more of a floater as to whether it was
worth me investigating coding it up and submitting it as a patch.

 >If, instead, you'd like to contribute a way to configure the validator
framework by add-ons to struts-config.xml so that you really can do it >all
in one file, patches are welcome.

And that's exactly what I'll do.  The reason I asked the question in the
first place is to find out what the consensus was as to the best way to
incorporate validation configuration into struts-config.xml.  If Validator
is really the Way To Go on this, then that's the way I'll go.

James