Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by we...@japan.email.ne.jp on 2001/06/19 03:27:05 UTC

AJP12 or AJP13?

Hi,
I am new to tomcat. I am not sure which protocol should be set in my server.xml,
AJP12 or AJP13?  How to know which protocol is supported in my box?
My platform is GNU/Linux Debian(unstable) and
apache 1.3.19
tomcat 3.2.2
libapache-mod-j k3.2.2

Thanks so much in advance.

Regards,

--Wen
wen@japan.email.ne.jp

Re: AJP12 or AJP13?

Posted by Neil Conway <nc...@klamath.dyndns.org>.
On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 10:27:05AM +0900, wen@japan.email.ne.jp wrote:
> I am new to tomcat. I am not sure which protocol should be set in my server.xml,
> AJP12 or AJP13?  How to know which protocol is supported in my box?

You need AJP12 to shutdown Apache/Tomcat, but AJP13 is the better
protocol for general purpose use. So I'd say enable both of them
(although you may as well cut down on the number of threads the
PoolTcpConnector for AJP12 uses, since you're rarely be using them).

There are docs on how to do this @ the Tomcat site.

Cheers,

Neil

RE: AJP12 or AJP13?

Posted by Alexander Demidovich <a_...@yahoo.com>.
But be careful..

AJP13 doesn't pass any extensions to http
protocol, for example - webdav