Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Hugues Dubois <hu...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/09 11:53:54 UTC

[Newbie] -- Couchdb on port 80 with couchdb user

Hi,

I'm installing couchdb from source like this
http://books.couchdb.org/relax/appendix/installing-from-source

But, i have a problem to start couchdb on port 80 with a couchdb user.
If couchdb is started with root user, couchdb listen port 80 with no
problem but if i start it with couchdb user, the couchdb server does
not listen port 80.

Thanks for help.

Hugues

--
Hugues Dubois
Développeur Web / Intégrateur de solution Open Source

Re: [Newbie] -- Couchdb on port 80 with couchdb user

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
It will be a permissions problem.

Please check the couchdb user has write access to /usr/loca/var/lib/couchdb and /usr/local/var/log/couchdb or follow the instructions in the troubleshooting guide.

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Troubleshooting

Posted by Hugues Dubois <hu...@gmail.com>.
sorry I mean, this solution works well

Posted by Hugues Dubois <hu...@gmail.com>.