Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bernd Waibel <BW...@intarsys.de> on 2016/08/20 10:31:28 UTC

AW: Training SpamAssassin with JAMES [unsigned]

Hello Jerry

we are using SpamAssassin with James2.
We did not switch to v3 yet but we are on the way.

We are running james on linux, and the linux system is responsible for sa updates.
We do not use sa-learn, as I know.

It is as someone else said: We first stream the mail to sa and get back a spam level. Which is used in a second condition to decide if we discard the mail, mark it as spam in subject, or let it flow through.

We do not have a quarantain and no user interaction. Would be nice but not implemented.

SA is just 1 of 3 spam filters in row. So it just filters the mass out of the incoming mails. And thats a lot.

I am currently on holydays so I do not have access to the configs. So I could not offer technical background. If you are interested in the V2 solution and are able to wait till begin of September, please let me know.

We will switch to V3 and we will use SA there too. So it is a needed feature for us.

Best regards
Bernd Waibel

Von: Jerry Malcolm <te...@malcolms.com>
Datum: 18.08.16 21:20 (GMT+01:00)
An: server-user@james.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Training SpamAssassin with JAMES

I tried to get answers to this and other questions on the SpamAssassin
forum.  They basically told me to pound sand and to get a 'real' MTA
instead of JAMES.  I'm not throwing out everything just to be able to do
better spam filtering.  But I'm back here looking for answers.  Is
ANYBODY using SpamAssassin with JAMES?