Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com> on 2003/01/28 00:39:54 UTC

Gentle transition to db.apache.org

Hi Guys,

As part of the move to db.apache.org I would like to move the repository
location on the cvs machine from /home/cvs/jakarta-ojb to
/home/cvs/db-ojb.

You will have to do a fresh co, or write a little script to change the
CVS/Repository files from jakarta-ojb to db-ojb.

Whenever all of you are ready just let me know and I will move the
repository.

Also in the works is the movement of all users and developers to the new
mailing lists. The same format as we have now except the host address
will be db.apache.org instead of jakarta.apache.org.

Once we move the CVS repository and the mailing lists. I will generate
the site and get it in place.

There is no dire rush for any of these things so take your time and let
me now when you're collectively ready to make the move.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Gentle transition to db.apache.org

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Jason,

+1

I was planning to assemble a new release next weekend. So if everything
works fine it will be a db.apache.org release already!

cu,
Thomas

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
+1
great work! (Jason, now typed right ;-)

Armin

Posted by Oleg Nitz <on...@ukr.net>.
+1
I am ready

Oleg

Re: Gentle transition to db.apache.org

Posted by Jakob Braeuchi <jb...@gmx.ch>.
checked in my local changes, so i'm ready now.

+1

jakob

Re: Transition to db.apache.org

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Jason,

I'm able to checkout db-ojb, but when try to commit
an error occur

**** Access denied: Insufficient Karma
(arminw|db-ojb/src/java/org/apache/ojb/broker/singlevm)
cvs server: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

Did I do something wrong?

Armin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 09:50, Armin Waibel wrote:
> +1
>
> please post a short message before you start with
> the move of CVS.

The move has been made. I actually copied the contents of jakarta-ojb to

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
+1

AW: Gentle transition to db.apache.org

Posted by Florian Bruckner <bf...@florianbruckner.com>.
+1

I have not local changes yet and am waiting to do a fresh checkout from our
new home.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.